SUNAMGANJ

In the ancient period, Sunamganj was part of the Laur Kingdom. After the conquest of Sylhet (Kingdom of Gauiurh ) in 1303 by Muslims under the spiritual guidance of Shah Jalal, Shah Kamal Quhafa established a capital in Shaharpara with the aid of his twelve disciples and his second son, Shah Muazzam Uddin Qureshi, who also maintained a second sub-administration office at Nizgaon on the bank of the river Surma, present day Shologhar (there is now Shologhar Masjid and madrasa) in Sunamganj town, which was administered by one of his descendants. Between the latter part of 1300 CE

1 thought on “SUNAMGANJ

Leave a Reply